Reviewed by Jasper Clinical Board
Last updated 5/24/21
What You Need to Know
What to Bring and How to Prepare
Getting to Your Appointment and Back
During Your Appointment
- Bring what you need to pass the time in the waiting room—be it a book, a meditation app, a movie, etc.
After Your Appointment
- Focus on healthful foods geared to your palate.
- Test some simple approaches to dealing with fatigue.
- Treatment can take a toll on mental health. These strategies can help.
- On tough days, you can experiment with some mental reframes around mindset and purpose.
- If you're open to it, this can be a good time to explore complementary therapies. Always let your doctor know before you try something new.
What to Know About Health Insurance Coverage for Cancer Treatment
What to Know About Medicaid During Cancer Treatment
What to Know About Social Security Disability During Cancer Treatment
How to Deal with Finances During Cancer Treatment
What to Know About Medicare During Cancer Treatment
The content on this website is intended to provide the best possible information for you, but should not be considered—or used as a substitute for—medical advice. If you have questions about your diagnosis or treatment, please contact your health care provider(s). For questions or comments about this content, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.