Reviewed by Jasper Clinical Board
Last updated 5/24/21
What You Need to Know
Questions to Ask
Ways to Take Care of Yourself
- Focus on foods geared to your palate and health.
- Test and adopt some stress management techniques.
- Try to get physical activity in
- Explore tools that can support your mental health.
- Take in the positive moments (though there’s no rule that you always have to be positive).
- Be prepared for physical changes and how they might affect your self-perception.
- If you're open to it, this can be a good time to explore complementary therapies. Always let your doctor know before you try something new.
How to Manage Common Side Effects
- Hair loss can occur with certain treatments, and here’s how to manage it.
- Nausea is common with treatment and also cancer itself, but you can take steps to mitigate this.
- Dry skin is a frequent occurrence once you begin treatment, but several products and approaches can help.
- Fatigue often goes along with cancer, and there are plenty of strategies to help.
How to Deal with Finances During Cancer Treatment
What to Know About Health Insurance Coverage for Cancer Treatment
What to Know About Medicare During Cancer Treatment
What to Know About Medicaid During Cancer Treatment
What to Know About Social Security Disability During Cancer Treatment
The content on this website is intended to provide the best possible information for you, but should not be considered—or used as a substitute for—medical advice. If you have questions about your diagnosis or treatment, please contact your health care provider(s). For questions or comments about this content, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.